Sunday, December 18, 2016

Tolerating Intolerant Hermits...

Let’s cut to the chase. I am not tolerant. When I have, in the past, attempted to be “tolerant,” the only thing that happened was those that was trying to be tolerant of, saw it as capitulation. It was seen as weakness, and a chink in the armor. I was, in their appraisal, beginning to be broken down, and soon I would cave in completely to----Tolerance of their worldview. I am only in conflict with family and friends, when I don tolerate their ideologies. It’s not that I don’t support their Right to ideologies and opinions, of course, its just that again, this means something other than what I mean by it----Rejection. They start it up, knowing I will argue, and blame me for starting when I, and this is the worst thing I can say, “don’t want to talk about it.” that right there has gotten me in more trouble, because right then and there, I am “one of them,” and people automatically assume that I am NOT ‘like them.’ Which is a good call, 9 times out of 10. It comes back to me that I think I’m better than they are, I think I’m smarter, as they say. Not me. I’ve never said I was “tolerant,” and if someone feels “rejected,” that’s all on them. Not me. You see, both Jennifer and I are more like Hermits. A “Hermit” doesn’t live in a cave, unclean, unshaven, unkempt with green teeth and animal skins for clothing. Sometimes I think that this image might not be so bad but, I digress. Hermits can live in the city, town, or a cave. And because we are Hermits, and you can ask anyone, we rarely go anywhere at all, except where we need to go, or where we want to go. How many times have we been to your place??? But mainly, we stay at home, because over the years, Jennifer and I have created a home environment that keeps us entertained. We can stay here for days on end, never having to really leave the house. We have each other, the kids, (the ones who act in a family way) and Facebook. And what this means is, that it all. Comes. To. Us. It comes HERE. We don’t go out a start the troubles we are accused of starting with family and friends, because we DON’T socialize with them, which usually meant bashing the Hell out of those family and friends not present at the time. Jennifer and I are not good at “tolerance.” Never said we were. I knew a guy who was in that PAC, La resistance, with us, and he was a “friend” for a while with me on Facebook. Notice my small list of them. That’s the way I like to keep it. What is left now, are the people I do not want to do without, who matter to me, whose opinions I want to see and hear. But anyway, this guy wanted me to answer for “Liberal Intolerance.” Now, my “thing” is that you have to take the bad with the good, and just like the Rightwing Conservatives, we Lefties, or as for Jennifer and I “Left of Central...” have our own intolerant assholes. Me being one of them. And Jennifer is even less tolerant than I am. For one to expect me to answer ~for it all~ was a bit bizarre. Because it ought to be clear that I can handle myself. One would think that after reading my writings and posts that I pretty much already have my own answers and opinions. After trying to answer him with the Yin and Yang kind of answer, in the light and darkness there is little of both, that both ‘sides” have their assholes, he said for me “not to get my panties in a wad,” and we had some words, and I unfriended him. Life is too short for this shit, especially on social media.... But I have seen this guy a couple of times since, and like everyone else, its different in person. He quickly gets away form me when he sees me and I notice it. So much for the bravery, huh? Believe me, I want the confrontation. You all know that. But, I cant slap and bastard if he wont get within 20 feet of me. But if you want “tolerance,” ask those many many people, family and friends, who are not tolerant either and blame Jennifer and I for it and their woes. Because we don’t go along with family and friend rumors. if you tell us about some dirt on someone, Jennifer and I wonder how you know, and what was your part in it, and if there are some things you ain’t saying about how, and why you know... And why? Because its none of our damn business, and secondly, you might not ought to be talking about it. if you want tolerance, ask the “infantile Communists” who we all mistakenly call “Liberals” or some Church on a membership drive, or as I call it, “recruiting,’ and you might get some “tolerance” form them. Anyone selling “tolerance,” is also selling you something and want your wallet, not your soul.....

No comments:

Post a Comment